Some of my projects ...

Please be patient with my as I try to get this blog exactly how I would like it to look.
I am still waiting for the best header and color combination I can make/find.
Things will likely be changed up a bit in this process.
Please visit my Stampin' Up! blog at:
http://www.stampindad.blogspot.com

My First Zindorf

I have always been very inspired by the work that Michelle Zindorf does with basic ink and a few other supplies. She is truly gifted and amazing!

I have recently been studying her blog and trying to learn some of her techniques. I thought I would give a try to making an image using some of her techniques.

I will tell anyone I meet that I'm NOT an artist. When it comes to understanding depth, spatial placement, lighting, and all of those other important elements - I'm really quite clueless. So if you look at this and think shadows are wrong or colors are wrong - bear with me ... I'm learning.

Without further ado ...



I used all Stampin Up inks to create the scene. The inks I used were: Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Lovely Lilac, Ballet Blue, and So Saffron for the sky. Then I used So Saffron, Creamy Caramel, Really Rust, and Basic Brown to do the field and mountains. The stamps are all from Inkadinkado.

I did nothing else to the card but stamp "Thank You" in the middle and a short sentiment on the inside.

This card is for a good friend at work. Her birthdy was today, but I missed getting her a card in time for that. I've been wanting to make her a thank you card for a long time and it just felt more appropriate than making a belated birthday card.

I hope you enjoy it. Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

16 comments:

Ashlee 11:01 AM  

Jason, this card is fantastic! You did a great job! I'm so glad to see you back in cyberspace again! I've missed you & V both!

Stampin' Diva 12:31 PM  

Great job!!! I love it. I can't believe it was just ink!!!

Tiffany 6:46 PM  

WOW! Beautiful job Jason. I'm lost for words. It's gorgeous!!!

laurens2angels 6:59 PM  

Great card jason. Love it!!

Anonymous 7:43 PM  

Jason, I don't have any words, your card is just stunning!!!
I sure miss seeing you on the Cricut MB.
Tina - GreenQueen / Cricut MB

Anonymous 8:31 PM  

Wow! I love this! It looks airbrushed. You did an awesome job, Jason!
~Meg

KweenScrapper69 8:56 PM  

oh this is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!
Nice!
WTG :D

plumeriastix 9:00 PM  

Your card is fabulous Jason! You did an awesome job, I'm sure your co worker will love it!

Anonymous 5:21 AM  

Wow...you did a great job! Fantastic! Love the colours...everything!!!!

Maybe you'll do a vid for us to see the steps to making this beautiful card :)

Colleen 5:39 AM  

gorgeous

MedicScrapper 5:40 AM  

Beautiful card! Love the colors :)

VickieW 8:58 AM  

Jason that is beautiful!!

Carla Bazhenow 7:09 AM  

Jason, WOW!!! This is stunning!!!
I can see why you follow her blog. *smile*

Martha 6:47 AM  

Beautiful job Jason. I think you are quite the artist.

Lora 2:39 AM  

This is fabulous!!
I have just found your blog and had a good nosey around. Your work is fab!
I am now a follower so I don't miss anything :)
Lora x

Michell 5:27 AM  

What a beautiful card...
I love everything...

--
Michell
Home Security Systems no CREDIT CHECK everyone is approved