Some of my projects ...

Please be patient with my as I try to get this blog exactly how I would like it to look.
I am still waiting for the best header and color combination I can make/find.
Things will likely be changed up a bit in this process.
Please visit my Stampin' Up! blog at:
http://www.stampindad.blogspot.com

LOTS of new stuff ...

There is a lot to cover here with this post. I’ve made several new cards that I’ll be discussing as well as some exciting news.

First of all, my exciting news. As of this morning I am officially a Stampin Up! demonstrator. I’ve been wanting to join for a long time but just couldn’t justify doing it as a hobby demo and having to meet my quotas on my own. Just recently I was asked if I would be interested in taking over a local group of stampers from a demo who is retiring. That was just the catalyst that I needed. I’ve been told that this group alone should meet my minimums, but I’m going to venture out and try a few other things as well. Now I can’t wait to get my starter kit and get going on this fun new adventure!

On to the cards that I’ve created.

This first one was created for two purposes. It uses one of Dustin Pike’s images that will be released this week and it follows the Mojo Monday Sketch #95.

I used simple cardstock from my stash for most of the project. The pattern paper is from a DCWV Christmas stack. I embossed the light green cardstock with the snowflake Cuttlebug folder. The Santa Claus image is colored with Prismacolor pencils and OMS as usual. I put stickles on the white parts of Santa’s suit and flocking on the snow areas of the image. I created little snowflakes by making an asterisk (*) with a glue pen and then covering those with flock as well. Unfortunately, the flock can’t be seen that well in the photo. I really love the effect it gives the image though!





This next card is one I made for the challenge on the Sugar Sweet Paper Treats Blog.

The challenge was to do some kind of a summery splash project. I originally had a different stamped image in mind to use, but I couldn't find it when I wanted it, so I used this one instead. This is a Dustin Pike image that was released a while ago. I colored the image with a different technique than I usually do. I used Stampin' Up ink pads and their blender pens to color the image. You can find info on the technique here if you're interested. It also follows a sketch challenge on the From C To Shining C website for Wednesday Card Challenges. The sketch and challenge can be found here.





This last card is one I made for a coworker's birthday that is next Monday. I've kind of become the resident card maker at work for special events. It's kind of fun to share my creations with my coworkers.

It is a 6x6 card that was inspired by this one at Splitcoast Stampers. I used some DCWV cardstock and some older Chatterbox paper from my stash for the papers. The "HaPPy" is cut from the Alphalicious Cricut Cartridge. I stamped "birthday" with a stamp from The Paper Studio with brown Stazon ink on a transparency. The crocheted flower is from Fancy Pants Designs and the rhinestone brad is from Making Memories.







Phew! *Wipes sweat from brow* That was a lot to cover in one post. I really need to do a better job at updating this thing at least twice a week. That's a new goal of mine. I'm pretty sure I'm also going to be starting a separate Stampin Up blog too so stay tuned for info on that. Thank you so much for checking in, reading, and supporting me here on my blog!

7 comments:

Mrs. Hayford 9:49 AM  

Jason, as usual, your creations make me smile! I think my favorite though has to be the bird in the bird bath.. you really did an excellent twist on summer splash!

Kris Kilcoyne 2:05 PM  

Welcome to the SU! family, Jason!

I'm a fellow Pal and look forward to having you as part of our group.

Kim 2:12 PM  

Kris beat me to it! Congrats on becoming a demo! Your cards are great -
Fellow Pal :)

Ann Schach 5:55 PM  

Hi, Jason! I love your web site! You do a great job with your cards. Now that you have your new Starter Kit, I will be anxious to see what you create. Another Pal :)

tomiannie 1:49 PM  

Cute stuff, Jason! Congrats on the new demo venture -- I hope it turns out great for you1

Mary Fish 6:34 AM  

I'm so glad you chose the Pals to begin your SU journey. Is there a way to subscribe to your blog? Hugs, Mary

Michell 5:28 AM  

Congrats!!!All the cards are stunning!!
I really like these cards...

--
Michell
Home Security Systems no CREDIT CHECK everyone is approved