Some of my projects ...

Please be patient with my as I try to get this blog exactly how I would like it to look.
I am still waiting for the best header and color combination I can make/find.
Things will likely be changed up a bit in this process.
Please visit my Stampin' Up! blog at:
http://www.stampindad.blogspot.com

Christmas in July with Dustin Pike

Dustin Pike has been drawing up a storm - a winter storm that is!

In the spirit of Christmas in July, Dustin has provided a fun and festive holiday set of images for this week's release.

I had fun working with these fun little snowmen in the burning heat of July. It has definitely put me in the mood to start planning my Christmas cards for this year and attempt to get an early start.

So here are two cards that I have made with recent images from Dustin to showcase his wonderful art work.

This first card is made using the freebie that Dustin offered on his blog last Wednesday. It still fits perfectly with the set being released this week and fit perfectly with an idea I had in mind.

The card basically follow's this week's Mojo Monday sketch. I wanted to put "Let It Snow" on the outside, but just couldn't quite fit it into the design. So I made my own pattern paper on the inside with various snowflake stamps and "Let It Snow" stamped randomly on the card base in Versamark ink (sorry I didn't take a picture of that.)

It is colored with Prismacolors and OMS as usual. All of the pattern paper and cardstock is from DCWV. I put stickles on his black buttons and on the hills of snow underneath him for sparkle and texture.



This second card is made with an image from this week's release. I love how the snowman is tilting his hat in a sort of greeting gesture. I immediately though of "Season's Greetings" when I saw this image and wanted to create a card around that sentiment. This card follows a basic sketch from Cardmaps in September of 2007. Again, all paper is from DCWV. I stamped the sentiment with a stamp from The Paper Studio using SU! Whisper White craft ink.



Thanks for looking and be sure to head over to Dustin's blog to get this week's release of new images!

6 comments:

Kristina 6:07 AM  

Those little snow men are too cute. I love the background colors, very wintery :)

all4sydney 10:46 AM  

Jason those are AWESOME!! Great job!!

Ted 11:51 AM  

Hey J... those are awesome! You chose wisely when you determined the colors...very nice.

I need to get myself over to Dustin's blog more often it seems!

Tammy 7:50 PM  

Great cards!!! Really like the layout and the colors!

Tammy

Mary Fish 8:54 AM  

Fantastic . . . I found your blog afterall :) Hugs, M

Michell 5:28 AM  

Great cards!!! Really like the layout and the colors!

--
Michell
Home Security Systems no CREDIT CHECK everyone is approved