Some of my projects ...

Please be patient with my as I try to get this blog exactly how I would like it to look.
I am still waiting for the best header and color combination I can make/find.
Things will likely be changed up a bit in this process.
Please visit my Stampin' Up! blog at:
http://www.stampindad.blogspot.com

Birthday Monkey Shutter Card

I created this card last week for my mom's birthday. I couldn't post it until after I was sure she had gotten it. Sometimes she checks in on my blog and I didn't want her seeing it before she got it.

The images are from Dustin Pike (of course) and are colored with Prismacolors and OMS (of course). I've been wanting to use these adorable monkeys for quite some time and this card seemed perfect for them! I put Stickles on the sprinkles and Crystal Accents on the cherry. The cardstock and pattern paper is from DCWV and My Mind's Eye.

I followed the instructions found here for the shutter card.







Thanks for looking! Let me know what you think!

18 comments:

jandokan 9:08 AM  

Jason... love your blog...
you're sooo creative!!

this card is way to cute... I've made this one for my cardclass, but I haven't decorate it yet...
now I have a great idea ;)

I have an aw ard for you...
take a look on my blog ;D

Hugs Anja
Be smart, make art.

Sharon Caudle 9:21 AM  

What an absolutely adorable card, Jason! I love it! What a cool fold!! I have totally fallen in love with Dustin's stamps and am using them like crazy! LOL! In fact, just posted one to my blog today. These monkeys are too cute, and I love what you did with them. Awesome job!
hugs!
Sharon

my5bratz 4:23 PM  

this looks GORGEOUS, bet she LOVED it :0)

your blogs looking FAB :0)

Tammy 5:59 PM  

What an amazing card Jason! I love it! Very cool and so creative! Great job, TFS your talent!!

Hugs

Tammy

Etha 6:03 PM  

LOL, what super perfect images for the shutter card, just love it!!

Emily S 9:48 PM  

Wow this is awesome!! Great job!!!

Lelia 10:34 PM  

I love this card and have yet to make one. Great use of all the cupcake monkeys together! :O)

ScrappinMaMa 4:56 AM  

This is so cute! I just seen one of these this weekend and wondered how I could make it, thanks so much for posting the link for the directions!

Mephisto 9:53 AM  

WOOOW, what a stunning Work. love it very much!

Hugs
Domi

Ri 11:51 AM  

Jason, great card you did a fantastic job.
I have one here that I need to finish, they are so much fun and easy but look so cool.
Ri

Becky in East Tennessee 2:42 PM  

HOLY COW! You totally blew my sox off!! This is waaaaay tooo cool!

V 2:44 PM  

That is one seriously cute cupcake card! I love it!

Cheri Howard 2:17 AM  

Awesome card, Jason! I love the unique fold of this card!

designsfromwithinbycharlotte 7:49 AM  

Love the cupcake monkey!!!! Whoo hoo yeah! Great card Jason.
Hugs,
Charlotte

Jamie Lane 10:48 AM  

I love this monkey and how the cupcake disappears...so cute!

MrsMomma 9:18 AM  

This card is awesome! I love the style of it, the colors, and the great Dustin Pike images. Thanks for the how-to link!

Mari AKA Momo 1:00 PM  

This card is absolutely amazing. I love cards like this that tell a story. Great job!!! Please visit my blog and tell me what you think about my cards. I just started so be easy... :o)

Love, Mari

Michele Chartier 5:53 AM  

Great job! I noticed that this was done several years ago and I am getting ready to make a 1st birthday and wanted to use these images. I checked the website, Doodle Dragon Studios, but the only image out of the three that I could see was the first image, with the monkey & cupcake uneaten. DO you know if the other 2 are still available?

thank you!