Some of my projects ...

Please be patient with my as I try to get this blog exactly how I would like it to look.
I am still waiting for the best header and color combination I can make/find.
Things will likely be changed up a bit in this process.
Please visit my Stampin' Up! blog at:
http://www.stampindad.blogspot.com

Two Graduations and a Sympathy

I've recently made several cards that fall into categories I don't usually make.

My wife and I are at the stage in life where we really don't know very many graduates. The graduates we do know tend to be college grads rather than high school grads. I'm sure there will come a stage later in life where I will be making a lot more graduation cards than I do now.

Anyway, here are two graduation cards I made. One is for my brother-in-law that just graduated with his Bachelors and was accepted to grad school. The other one is for a neighbor that just graduated with her Masters.

This first one is a technique I recently learned called a swinging card. I really would like to do a tutorial of this card soon, but haven't been able to do one yet. I won't go into how the swinging portion is made, as I am hoping to do a tutorial.

The pattern paper is DCWV and Chatterbox. The gray paper right under the grad hat is just gray cardstock that I stamped with Studio G stamps and Staz-On ink. The hat is just a piece of clipart I got off the internet, printed, cut, and covered with glitter. I then embossed a brad to make it black. The tassle is just embroidery floss that I made into a tassle. The "congrats" stamp is from The Paper Studio. On the inside, the pattern paper is also Chatterbox and the border punch is from Martha Stewart.





This is a shaky little video I took to show how the graduation hat swings.

video


This next one uses DCWV pattern paper, May Arts ribbon, and a Changito image and sentiment. I colored the image with my Prismas and mineral spirits. The pin is my first decorative pin I've made and used for a card.

A coworker's father recently passed away so I made this sympathy card for our coworkers to sign and give to her. The carstock is just from my stash. I used the Cuttlebug for the embossing and the embossed butterfly. The pattern paper is My Mind's Eye. I used the Martha Stewart lacy border punch, and one of the EK Success slimline punches for the other scallops. The sentiment was cut with Wild Card. I embellished the butterfly with some bling from my stash. You should have seen the reaction from my coworkers when they found out I made it and not my wife!! LOL!

Thanks so much for looking!

5 comments:

Amy 8:43 AM  

The cards are great Jason! You must get that reaction a lot, but I think its great to have a male perspective on scrapbooking and card making.

Kristina 9:14 AM  

Those are really great cards. Of the three, I like the the monkey graduation card the best. It's so bright and fun.

tomiannie 12:28 PM  

Beautiful cards! The monkey is very fun, and the sympathy is elegant.

Lelia 4:31 PM  

Great job on the cards, Jason...I bet you get that reaction a lot. :O) I think it's great!

~ŠǿƒŧβŖñ™~ 4:26 PM  

I love this card!.. Awesome job..