Some of my projects ...

Please be patient with my as I try to get this blog exactly how I would like it to look.
I am still waiting for the best header and color combination I can make/find.
Things will likely be changed up a bit in this process.
Please visit my Stampin' Up! blog at:
http://www.stampindad.blogspot.com

Two Birthday Cards

I have a couple of friends with birthdays next week so I made a card for each of them.

I always find male cards much harder for me to do for some reason. You wouldn't think I would have such a hard time creating for another male ... but I always do.



I used copper Stickles on the sprinkles and then traced over all the lines in the frosting with a glitter pen for subtle, yet still manly enough effect.

The cardstock base and the pattern paper are DCWV. The stamp is by Inkadinkado and stamped with Stampin Up's Close to Cocoa. The ribbon and snaps are from my stash.

This one is probably one of my most favorite cards I've done in a while. It was just rather unexpected to me how much I liked it (especially the pattern paper).





The cardstock base and the butterfly are both from the dual color papers by Cored'inations. I was hoping to have it look more pink when I sanded it away, but it just appears white. The pattern paper is DCWV, the felt flourish is by Fancy Pants, the scallop border punch is Fiskars, the butterfly was cut and embossed with a Cuttlebug die set.

Now here's the really funny part ... I took both of these to work so I could take a picture of them before I sent them out. I got labels on the envelopes, got the pictures taken, got the stamps on the envelopes, got distracted and put the cards in the envelopes without writing in them, sealed the envelopes and mailed them!

So the people receiving them will each receive a handmade blank card for their birthday!

(what a dork)

9 comments:

loopylou 9:59 PM  

jason, they are both gorgeous cards!! it will mak it more fun for the people recieving them to wonder who they are from!!! lol!!!!!

tomiannie 8:49 AM  

Lo-o-ove the butterfly card especially. So funny about the blank cards -- I've done that before. I also had a basket of cards I was selling at a boutique once and my sister found at least one that I had written in -- oops!

Heather in FL 3:51 PM  

Ha ha! They are both great cards. I agree, men are harder to make cards for, but I think you got a good one. Hopefully you got them in the right envelopes? I did that with my last batch of thank you notes. Oops!

Ted 6:49 AM  

Jason, those look awesome! I love the butterfly card. Very well done! You do excellent work.

Magoo 5:41 AM  

I just love your cards! The layout is beautiful, the colours pop, and I love butterflies! Another wonderful creation Jason! :)

all4sydney 6:46 PM  

WOW!! They are both AWESOME!! TFS!!

Leanne 9:29 PM  

Love both of the cards!! They are just adorable! I left you something on my blog come and get it!!

Kristina 1:58 PM  

Very nice cards, mind if I scaplift the masculine one? I bet the recipients will be able to tell they're from you :)

The Memory Keeper 11:20 PM  

You keep this up and we'll all be haning out at your blog. What a great male card!