Some of my projects ...

Please be patient with my as I try to get this blog exactly how I would like it to look.
I am still waiting for the best header and color combination I can make/find.
Things will likely be changed up a bit in this process.
Please visit my Stampin' Up! blog at:
http://www.stampindad.blogspot.com

Sweet Thing (SSPT Design Team Challenge #1)

***Drum roll please***

I'm finally posting my result from the very first Sugar Sweet Paper Treats (SSPT) design team challenge. Cheryll (the team leader) asked me to throw out the first challenge to the team. I chose to challenge us all to make a creation that had 1) some kind of sweet treat on it, 2) the word "sweet" on it, 3) and pink as a main color.

The rest of the design team has done an AMAZING job with all of their creations! You can check them out HERE. I really should have posted mine much earlier on and then I wouldn't be so intimidated by the awesome creations they have each made.

But such as it is, here is my creation (there are several pictures):









This is a little basket I made using the same basic instructions for an "explosion box." I just tweaked things a little bit so it wouldn't explode and so I could have the scalloped edges I wanted. It is also similar to the scallop envelope baskets I have seen shown on the Splitcoast Stampers site.

I used DCWV pink cardstock as the base of the basket. I then covered the outsides with patterned paper from My Mind's Eye. The handle is also DCWV cardstock and MME patterned paper. The cupcake is cut from the Doodlecharms cartridge. I cut off the candle that is cut with it. I then put random dots of Crystal Accents on the cupcake and stuck a clear seed bead on each dot. I used Cotton Candy Stickles around the edge of the frosting. I then popped it off the basket with a scalloped circle punch from EK Success and some pop dots.

I made a coordinating card to go with the basket:







The accordion fold card is made following instructions that can be found HERE:
http://www.mylifesart.com/2008/08/bella-rose-accordian-card.html

Here is the band that goes around the card:







I made the band a little wider than I needed it so I could use a Martha Stewart border punch on the edges. The cupcake is also cut from the Doodlecharms cartridge and made the same as above. On this one I included a cherry that I covered with Crystal Accents to give it some glossy shine.

So there it is. What do you think??? I hope I have lived up to the reputation already established by the talented team of which I get to be a part!

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Sugar Sweet Paper Treats 5:46 PM  

You rocked that challenge Jason! I LOVE IT! It's so cute! So glad you're on the SSPT DT!

The Memory Keeper 5:47 PM  

OOOOPS! Used wrong account...anyhoo, DITTO!

Leanne 6:01 PM  

I absolutely love it!!! The basket is adorable and so is the card you made to go along with it! You did a AWESOME job with this challenge!! Look forward to seeing more of your creations!

Chrissy C 7:38 PM  

Awesome job Jason! This is so "sweet"! I really enjoyed your challenge. Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Robyn 8:07 PM  

Great job Jason!! You are fantastic and so very talented!!

Magoo 4:51 PM  

I was out of town for a few days and come back and see THIS!!! :) :) This is so unique! I just love it~so glad you are on our team :)

Ruelysi 2:54 PM  

Jason, this is stunning and so universal. You made an awesome start to the challenge. Watching ya closely.

Ruth