Some of my projects ...

Please be patient with my as I try to get this blog exactly how I would like it to look.
I am still waiting for the best header and color combination I can make/find.
Things will likely be changed up a bit in this process.
Please visit my Stampin' Up! blog at:
http://www.stampindad.blogspot.com

3 Birthdays and a T-O-Y

It has been WAY too long since I last posted something here. I APOLOGIZE!! I've been quite busy lately both at work and at home, and just haven't gotten to posting some of the stuff I've been working on. Just because I haven't posted doesn't mean I haven't been crafting though.

Though I have done much more than this lately, I have 3 birthday cards and one Thinking of You card to share with you today.

This first birthday card is a double diagonal-fold card I made for a good friend's birthday. It will hold 2 tags or whatever you choose to put in the pockets. Usually I make tags that I intend as bookmarks and put them in the pockets.





Products used: Pattern paper - My Mind's Eye; Cuttlebug Folder - Perfect Paisley; Scalloped punches - Marvy Uchida and EK Success; Stamps - Inkadinkado; Ink - Marthat Stewart; Ribbon - May Arts; Other - Stickles and tags from stash.

This next one is a card I made for a lovely neighbor who often comes over and shares her Stampin' Up creations and her sweetness with me and my family.





I stamped the image using a Studio G stamp, then colored it with some Zig markers I have. I put stickles on it to give it some glitz. I then colored around it with my Prisma pencils and blended the colors with the odorless mineral spirits. It didn't quite turn out like I wanted, but it's okay. The scalloped square is from the Storybook cartridge.

Supplies used: Stamp - Studio G; Markers - Zig; Colored Pencils - Prismacolor; Cuttlebug - Happy Birthday, Swiss Dots; Cricut - Storybook Cartridge; Other - cardstock and lace from stash.

This last birthday one is one I made for the talented and lovely Cheryll (thememorykeeper) who heads up our SSPT Design Team. Her birthday is today and I hope she has received the card by now!











This one too is a double diagonal-fold card. It was a bit harder for me to do though because I wanted to use DCWV's glitter cardstock as the base. It took me a while to figure out how to fold it so I would get the glitter where I wanted it to show. Then when I went to cut it, I did it wrong anyway. I ended up just having to fudge it a bit and glue stuff where I wanted it to get it to look right and show the glitter where I wanted it.

I posted a few different shots trying to show the glimmer off of the glitter paper and the glitter on the cupcakes. I dabbed a bit of Martha Stewart glue on each of the "sprinkles" on the cupcakes and then covered them with coordinating glitter from Pebbles, Inc. The scalloped square is from the Storybook cartridge, the Cuttlebug folder is "happy birthday," and "swiss dots." The stamps are by Inkadinkado and the markers are Zig. The ribbon is by Offray.

This next one is a "Thinking of You" card that I did for a monthly card swap I'm in. It is almost a direct copy from this card:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1275655?cat=fav

But I always have to tweak things a bit to make them my own.







For mine I moved the ribbon to the other side (and didn't have any adorable polka dotted ribbon to use) and then I popped out the "Thinking of You" on a scalloped circle and turned it slightly so it would be offset by the black behind it. I then added a touch of bling to the sentiment.

Supplies used: Stamps - Inkadinkado; Ink - Staz-On; Punch - EK Success; Other - bling, ribbon, and cardstock from stash.

I hope you've enjoyed them all!

4 comments:

Chrissy C 5:23 PM  

WOW! You've been busy! Each one is wonderful!

Leanne 6:06 PM  

Wow!! I love each and every one of them! I've never tried the pocket card but you have me wanting to!! I really love the last card and I have that stamp!!!! You do amazing work! TFS!

The Memory Keeper 10:33 PM  

I didn't get it today but I bet it comes tomorrow! Ha!Ha! You didn't think I was going to not see it did you. I stalk your blog dude! Hugs and TIA!

The Memory Keeper 4:32 PM  

It came! And it is sew pretty! You put sew much work into this card Jason and these pictures don't do it true judgement! It's sew special! Sew clean and sew white...love it!