Some of my projects ...

Please be patient with my as I try to get this blog exactly how I would like it to look.
I am still waiting for the best header and color combination I can make/find.
Things will likely be changed up a bit in this process.
Please visit my Stampin' Up! blog at:
http://www.stampindad.blogspot.com

Free Standing Pop-Up Card

I have a few special Thank You cards that I need to get sent out and I decided I wanted to do something a little "out of the box," or different than my standard card.

After looking through several ideas and options at Splitcoast Stampers (where I always go for new ideas), I found the Free Standing Pop-Up card tutorial. I had seen a few of these here and there on the Cricut MB, but had never made one myself. So I followed the tutorial and made two copies of this card.







They were loads of fun to make and really quite easy. I can definitely see myself making this type of card again and again.

You can find the tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers at this link:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/freestandingpopupcard/

And you can find a great video tutorial by Dawn at this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA44EZ5z_Tg&feature=channel_page

Materials:
Cardstock & pattern paper - DCWV; Stamp - The Paper Studio Company; Ink - Martha Stewart; Punches - Marvy Uchida; Ribbon - May Arts.

Thanks for looking! Let me know what you think!

6 comments:

Sharon Caudle 2:32 PM  

How CUTE!!! Thanks for the link and LOVE this card!!! Especially when he starts peeping out from the box! TOO CUTE!!!

tomiannie 2:55 PM  

SO cute! I'll have to check that tutorial out.

DanielleP 8:39 PM  

Great job on the pop up card. Love the owl and the papers you used. I'll have to try one of those pop up cards sometime.
Danielle

Cathy 1:24 AM  

oh wow never came across a scrappin dad before, the little owl is darling

Paper Memories 7:40 AM  

Too cute!! Thanks for the tutorial. I want to try this one.

lostgrl16 11:43 AM  

This is so cool! I want to make one now, thanks!!