Some of my projects ...

Please be patient with my as I try to get this blog exactly how I would like it to look.
I am still waiting for the best header and color combination I can make/find.
Things will likely be changed up a bit in this process.
Please visit my Stampin' Up! blog at:
http://www.stampindad.blogspot.com

A Few New Cards ...

Here are a few new cards that I've made in the last 2 days.

Yesterday was my daughter's 4th birthday, and this is the card I whipped together for her Saturday night. We were so busy planning and preparing for her party and wrapping her gifts and such, that a card had to take a back seat and get done when I could get it done.



For the cupcake, I stamped "Happy Birthday" in the background with watermark ink. After I stamped the image, I colored it in, and then highlighted it with Stickles.



My mom has been in town for the birthday. We had an opportunity to spend some time yesterday and make a few cards. I showed her how to make an explosion card and a waterfall card. This was actually the first time I'd ever made either one myself, but I'd seen tutorials on both of them before.

Here is the explosion card:

Closed:


Open:


Here is the awesome tutorial by DAWN GRIFFITH that I followed for the explosion card:



Here is the waterfall card:











You can't really see it on the waterfall card, but each of the stamped images has glitter on it too. I just used my Gelly Roll glitter pen to color over parts of the image after it was colored in.

Here is the awesome tutorial from DAWN GRIFFITH that I followed for the waterfall card:


Materials List:
Birthday Card:

Cardstock-Bazzill; Stamps-The Paper Studio Company; Inks-Martha Stewart Crafts, Versamark by Tsukineko; Border Punch-Martha Stewart Crafts; Ribbon-May Arts; Markers-Bic Mark Its; Stickles by Ranger Industries; Other-Pop Dots and pattern paper (unknown)

Explosion Card:
Tutorial by Dawn Griffith; Flower-Prima; Brad-Making Memories; Green cardstock-Bazzill; Stamp-The Paper Studio Company; All other products from stash.

Waterfall Card:
Tutorial by Dawn Griffith; Cardstock-Bazzill; Pattern Paper-Chatterbox; Brads-Making Memories; Ribbon-May Arts; Stamps-Studio G; Markers-Bic Mark Its; Glitter; Gelly Roll Glitter Pen;

Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Sharon Caudle 9:53 AM  

They're both adorable, Jason. I'm in love with that waterfall card!! Awesome work!

Heather Bares 7:02 AM  

the cards are adorable!!!!

all4sydney 7:32 AM  

Your cards are beautiful!!

Paper Memories 7:38 AM  

Wonderful cards!! you do great work. Love them!!

Enfys 8:37 AM  

Cute cards Jason, love your daughter's birthday card, bet she did too, hope she had a lovely time at her party

The Bird Nest 3:26 PM  

Great job on these, Jason! Happy Belated Birthday to your daughter. I hope she had fun at her party. I'm sure she loved her card!!
BirdScrap

Anonymous 4:03 PM  

WOW! Great cards! Thanks for sharing the directions. I'm off to try the waterfall card!

Linda

scrappyandpiggy 6:34 PM  

Great cards! the cupcake one is adorable I bet your daughter loved it.