Some of my projects ...

Please be patient with my as I try to get this blog exactly how I would like it to look.
I am still waiting for the best header and color combination I can make/find.
Things will likely be changed up a bit in this process.
Please visit my Stampin' Up! blog at:
http://www.stampindad.blogspot.com

OWL always love you ...

Here is my second Valentine's card of the year. So far I'm not doing as well as I'd hoped at getting several different ones made this year. Oh well, I'm having fun with the ones I'm doing anyway.

I made this card primarily because I wanted to use the OWL cut and also use my new SCAL software that I bought. The original owl that this is designed after comes from the Happily Ever After cartridge. My version, however, came from Jen C. on the Cricut message board. She designed it using the Design Studio software and the George and Plantin Schoolbook cartridges for those of us that want him but don't want to buy the other cartridge. I'm so thankful for her hard work!

The text is cut using my new Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) software that I got from a good friend. For the first time, I was able to cut words using fonts on my own computer. I love that ability! I'm so excited to be able to play with it more and see what I can do!

Anyway, here's the card:





The pattern on the front of the card was made by rolling a Stampin' Up roller stamp across the red paper with Versamark ink and then embossing with clear embossing powder. As mentioned, the OWL is courtesy of Jen C. and the text is courtesy of Sure Cuts A Lot. The heart on the inside of the card is cut from the Graphically Speaking cartridge. I cut both pieces, the base and the outline out of the same color cardstock. Then I covered the outline with Versamark ink and clear embossing powder. I like how it makes it a different shade of the same color and helps it stand out with its shine. The sentiment is a Studio G stamp from Michaels.

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Sharon Caudle 10:34 PM  

Oh what a cute card, Jason! That owl looks exactly like the one from HAE! And congrats on the SCAL purchase! Isn't it fun to be able to cut your own fonts? This card is awesome!

Disneypal 2:27 AM  

Love the cards - especially the "Owl" one.

emma 6:45 AM  

Hi Jason, your owl is soooo cute, love it! loving the previous card, the red,black and white valentines one. gorgeous
love emma

Heather in FL 7:02 AM  

Great card! You're going to love SCAL and how much more creativity you're going to get. The Cricut is great on its own, but with SCAL, you're unstoppable! :-) Oh, and I also think it's cool that you're a guy and are into papercrafting.

loopylou 3:06 PM  

jason that is a really cute card, i love the sentiment.

Ted 7:42 PM  

This has to be one of my all-time favorite cards of yours! :) I would never have thought to use "OWL" in such a creative way. And I just knew you'd do some incredible things with the SCAL! :) When I grow up, I want to be as good as papercrafting as you!

1derland 5:36 PM  

Too adorable!! I might have to scraplift this (if that's okay with you) for my hubby! Too cute! I love Jen C too, so creative! I'm debating whether to get SCAL. It kind of scares me, but I love DS. I might have to do it!

Amy 12:21 PM  

What a darling card Jason!! I want to get scal, when I can afford it....maybe later this summer.

I have tagged you on my blog....stop by and check it out...
http://scrappingmommy.blogspot.com/

Carol 8:05 PM  

Jason, I been wanting to use this cut for ages; i wanted to do this for my hubby for V-day but i ended up with a different design; so finally i am using this in one of my layouts and taking inspiration from the colors yu used here. thanks!