Some of my projects ...

Please be patient with my as I try to get this blog exactly how I would like it to look.
I am still waiting for the best header and color combination I can make/find.
Things will likely be changed up a bit in this process.
Please visit my Stampin' Up! blog at:
http://www.stampindad.blogspot.com

It is what it is ...

I have a close friend at work that always uses the phrase "It is what it is." I thought that it would be a fun idea to make a plaque with the saying on it for him to display in his office as some sort of motto or mantra.

I love the "top note" shape and was delighted when I found it in a wooden plaque. Although it is a favorite shape of mine, I found it hard to work with as the base - especially being a wooden base.

The plaque was bought from Hobby Lobby and then painted brown. The pattern paper is Crate Paper. The letters are cut with the Alphalicious cartridge. The ovals were cut with the George cartridge after being sized and shadowed in Design Studio. I hope you enjoy it. (I hope he appreciates it too.)

It's always hard to make gifts for men with papercrafting supplies and work to make it appealing to the eye but still keep it masculine. I struggle so much with projects for men!












5 comments:

ScrappinMaMa 9:51 AM  

great job! I know I would like it, but I'm a girl too :)

Ashlee 11:03 AM  

Jason, this looks great! I'm sure he'll love it, you did such a nice job!

JustCrazy4Scrapen 12:18 AM  

Jason, what a great job. I love it and I'm sure he will too.

Robyn 11:03 PM  

I love it!! Great job Jason!

Sharon Caudle 8:46 PM  

You did a fabulous job on it Jason! I need one of those for my own office! Thanks for the inspiration! Happy New Year to you!!!