Some of my projects ...

Please be patient with my as I try to get this blog exactly how I would like it to look.
I am still waiting for the best header and color combination I can make/find.
Things will likely be changed up a bit in this process.
Please visit my Stampin' Up! blog at:
http://www.stampindad.blogspot.com

"Adore" Layout

This is a layout I did for a crop challenge on the justbuggin site during our online crop last night. A sketch from pagemaps was posted for us to follow. Here is the sketch:




Here is my interpretation of the sketch. This is a photo that was taken of my wife and our then-2-month-old baby during a family photo shoot. I think it is one of the most gorgeous pictures I've ever seen of my wife and I absolutely LOVE the adoring look she has on her face as she looks at the baby.



This is a closeup of the journaling spot and the flourish I used. I stamped the flourish with Versamark ink and the embossed it with clear embossing powder.


Just a closeup of the title. It's a Making Memories rubon.


A closeup to show the detail of the stamp (by Fancy Pants) and the scoring I did using my Scor-pal.


Supplies used: cardstock - unknown; pattern paper - My Mind's Eye; Stamps - Fancy Pants Designs and Autumn Leaves; Ink - Versamark and Stampabilities; Pen - American Crafts; Rubon - Making Memories; other - Scor-pal.

Thanks for looking!!

10 comments:

Ashlee 12:25 PM  

Jason! I just love how this turned out! The scoring adds a nice detail & the way you stamped & embossed that flourish is amazing! Awesome!!!

6 wacky women 5:51 PM  

Hi Jason
Great layout...beautiful page! My first time to your blog....very nice work.
Karen

Carla 8:23 AM  

Beautiful! Love your blog.

Curt in Carmel 5:36 AM  

Great interpretation of the sketch Jason! The scoring adds alot. Great job! Best, Curt

Alli 2:53 AM  

Lovely layout Jason, it has lots of 'feeling'

Sir Craftalot 8:52 PM  

J, I really like this layout. I agree that your wife's gaze is priceless and the fact that you captured it in a layout is a tribute.

You really made a good choice with colors...very subdued and quite "vintage" looking... so nice!

Good job, buddy! :)

Scrubbie 6:50 PM  

Hey Jason! Another dude! Yahoo!

Quick intro - Scrubbie here. Dad, hubby, alpha male to a lunatic dog. Paper scrapper for the past 8 years and now into digital scrappin'.

Just wanted to say hey and great to find another fella in the scrappin' world!!! Cheers

Robyn 3:20 AM  

Love it Jason!! I really should do the online crops more often!

tomiannie 11:41 AM  

This is so sweet, Jason -- it's perfect with the feel and colors of the pic.

Jason J Culbertson 8:04 PM  

Jason this looks great, keep up the great work. I love your interpretation of the sketch. Great job!

Jason Culbertson