Some of my projects ...

Please be patient with my as I try to get this blog exactly how I would like it to look.
I am still waiting for the best header and color combination I can make/find.
Things will likely be changed up a bit in this process.
Please visit my Stampin' Up! blog at:
http://www.stampindad.blogspot.com

A busy weekend (with the Osmonds)

This weekend was the annual Pioneer Day Commemoration Concert with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. This year it was done in conjunction with the Osmond family to celebrate their 50th year in the entertainment business. Because I do all of the closed captioning for broadcasts and choir events, I had to work the whole weekend on this concert. I tell you now that it's finished that it certainly was worth it! The entertainment was wonderful. The Osmonds truly are an amazing family and wonderfully gifted entertainers.

The original four Osmond brothers (Alan, Wayne, Jay, and Merrill) have been in the entertainment business for 50 years now. They were later joined by Donny, then Marie, and then their youngest brother, Jimmy.

There are two older, lesser-known brothers who are deaf named Tom and Virl.

Below is a video of one of the songs that they sang at the concert: (You'll have to pause my playlist at the bottom to hear this - sorry)




Merrill also has a son who is deaf. Justin Osmond is a personal friend of mine. He was involved in the concert doing all of the ASL for the deaf and hard-of-hearing to view. You can view information on Justin and his work providing hearing aids to millions of children with the Starkey Foundation on Justin's website:

http://www.justinosmond.com/




Justin Osmond with his uncle, Donny.

Through Justin I was able to meet 6 of the 9 Osmonds. I met Tom, Virl, Merrill, Jay, Marie, and Jimmy. I wasn't able to meet Alan, Wayne or Donny. Donny is by far my most favorite and I thoroughly enjoy his singing. I wish I had gotten to meet him. Of course, since I was at work I didn't have my camera with me to take any pictures but oh well!

Donny sang a song he wrote called "Whenever You're in Trouble" that I absolutely loved!! The song was written as a tribute to their parents as well as the Saviour Jesus Christ. It is truly inspiring!I will definitely be getting my hands on the mp3 of this song. Here is a sample of the song: (again, you'll have to pause the playlist)
Whenever Youre in Trouble - Donny Osmond


I truly am grateful for the opportunity I had. It was very enjoyable!

4 comments:

traybay88 7:00 PM  

that sounds like an incredible life time moment. how awesome to experience having the concert live.

ScrappinMaMa 7:59 PM  

how cool! once in a life time thing! everytime I hear them sing, I get goosebumps, they are so good!

Kenny 12:29 PM  

What a beautiful song by Donny. He's all grown up!

Hey...I love your new blog! Finally got a chance to stop by.

Joy 10:11 PM  

What an experience. I LOVE the Osmond Family. I was a child of the 60/70's so I grew up with their music and all the Teen heart throb stuff. Your page is awesome. I enjoyed listing to the Videos and Donny's new song. Thank you so much for posting them. Your talent with your blog blows my mind. One day...maybe I will get the expertise to make my own. Have a blessed week.

JoJoBug (Joy)