Some of my projects ...

Please be patient with my as I try to get this blog exactly how I would like it to look.
I am still waiting for the best header and color combination I can make/find.
Things will likely be changed up a bit in this process.
Please visit my Stampin' Up! blog at:
http://www.stampindad.blogspot.com

A Little More Time??

I may finally be having a little more time in my schedule. Things seem to be finally working out for me to be with my family a little more and have a little more time for schoolwork.

There just didn't end up being the possibility for us to have me quit so we started looking into the possibility for me to go down to part time. I put in a request and my supervisor and her supervisor both approved it. Unfortunately, I found out that the center manager had put a freeze on all changes to part time. I was quite upset and told my supervisor I would have to quit. She pleaded for me to give it a little time and stay if possible but also mentioned she understood my situation. She said it would probably be near the end of December before the freeze would be lifted.

I had to have some concrete information so I could make a decision to stay or go. So I decided to go directly to the source and ask the center manager how long it may take to have the schedule approved. She gave me her reasons and listened to mine. She said she understood and said she would check with scheduling to see what could be done. She said she wouldn't be able to bump my request up ahead of anyone else'sbut she would check to see what the timeframe would be. That was Friday before last. She said she would get back to me the next week. I hadn't heard from her by the Thursday so I followed up with her. An hour later she delivered me a message that my new schedule would start on November 28th. I was shocked!

I had only anticipated to find out what the time frame would be - not to actually have the schedule approved!! She says she didn't really do anything and that the head of scheduling was already working on it for me. I don't really believe that because of my previous experiences with him. But that doesn't matter to me. I am so excited!!

So my new schedule will give me a total of 5 nights a week home with my family. I will work Mondays from 2 to 9, Tuesday from 2 to 6, Wednesday and Thursday I will be off, Friday from 2 to 9, and Saturday from 8 to 5. Though I'm still working four days a week I get to have an earlier shift on Saturdays now and I leave work earlier on Tuesdays. That gives me three whole days off of work and two other nights that I get to be home in time to have dinner with my family and put the kids to bed. It will also allow me to have more time to keep caught up on my schoolwork and still be home on my nights off in time to enjoy some time with my family.

Unfortunately, to make it all work, we will have to take some more money in student loans to supplement our income. We both feel it is worth it however to help me stay on track to finish school on time and be able to be with the family more.

So, I'm excited. Thankfully it's all in time for me to be able to be with the family more during the Holidays. Hopefully I'll have a little more time for scrapping and blogging as well somewhere in the schedule. We'll have to see.

Thank you all for your support and encouraging words. What would my world be without my friends and family??

Thank you!

J

3 comments:

Dianne 11:44 AM  

Glad to hear that things are finally working out for you and that you will have more time with your family.

doodlebugmom 11:05 AM  

Those kids are only going to be little once, and you will be amazed at how fast they grow up.

Good to hear things are working out. Treasure the time you have at home. It is priceless.

Linda :o)

Kenny 11:09 AM  

Good to hear from you buddy! Continue to keep us posted!