Some of my projects ...

Please be patient with my as I try to get this blog exactly how I would like it to look.
I am still waiting for the best header and color combination I can make/find.
Things will likely be changed up a bit in this process.
Please visit my Stampin' Up! blog at:
http://www.stampindad.blogspot.com

Sorry for the delay

I only have a few minutes to post so I thought I'd write a quick hello and a promise to do more later.

You may notice that the text is now in black. I got my laptop last week. I received it several days before Dell had told me it would ship. I was very excited! There's been a few confusions I think though with what I ordered and what I got so I will be spending some time on the phone with Dell here pretty soon.

I started my new job last Monday. It's been okay so far. We have a 5 week training to help us learn all about Wells Fargo, their products, their systems and all that other jazz. So, only 4 weeks left now!!

The one thing I have absolutely hated so far though is the stinkin' commute! I come from a city where traffic is not that bad. I can get anywhere I want to go in about 15 minutes max! Now it takes me about 15 minutes to get from my house to the interstate and then at least another 1/2 hour to get to work once I'm on the freeway. That is on a good day though. I have never had to sit in stop-and-go traffic on a daily basis. It's driving me insane!!! What would be a half hour drive easily becomes 45 minutes to an hour. I leave my house every morning at 7:00 so I can make sure I'm at work at 8:30. This has been a huge adjustment!

Now with the ridiculous price of gas I'm just more flaming ticked off about the whole situation! This is going to cost be a bloody fortune to commute like this in stop and go traffic five days a week driving a Chrystler New Yorker! Maybe its time to consider trying to find a more economical car. Or maybe it's just high time the government pulls their heads out of their political rears and does something about the "gouge at the pump"!

Anyway, the house is coming along. We are trying to make some final decisions on paint colors and then we will start painting soon. Hopefully after we do that, have the carpets cleaned and replace some blinds we will be able to get rid of the stale smoke smell from the previous inhabitants. Neither of us are smokers and that smell is driving me insane (please, no offense to anyone who does smoke)! Does anyone have suggestions for eradicating such a smell?

My wife starts work this week and so starts the outrageous cost of child care. We found a lady who will charge us $15 per kid per day. That's 30 freakin' dollars a day! Which is $150 a week and $600 a month. I can't believe it! We're hoping my wife will get a different job she applied for that will have her working three 12 hour shifts. So our child care will only need to be 3 days a week instead of 5. That will certainly help with the cost. Not to mention she'll get to spend more time with the kids. We'll have to see how it works out.

Well, work starts is a few minutes - I'd better go. I will post some pics soon of the new laptop and other fun stuff. Bye for now!

4 comments:

Colleen 8:10 AM  

good luck with dell

feel ya on the gas thing and commuting. i went from a 20 min commute to an hour commute with gas being $2.49 yesterday. it was $2.33 tuesday! ugh!

have a great week

doodlebugmom 12:17 PM  

I agree with the gas price gouging, I could go on and on, but won't...hehe...maybe I will rant in my blog about it soon.

I'm glad you got your lap top. I have always had good luck with Dell customer service. Hope you get things straightened out soon.

Use that commute time to listen to some music you enjoy or a book on tape. It may take away a little bit of your stress :)

Linda

Kell 8:19 PM  

Coffee grounds will take the smoke smell out. My uncle is an airline pilot and this is what the use to get rid of smells on planes. My mom did this to get the smoke smell out of the truck she bought used and it worked like a charm!

Gamm 7:41 AM  

Jason if you're still having problems with smoke odor...

Contact Air Conditioning companies in your area, find an OZONE GENERATOR, have them put it in the house for 24-48 hours, it will remove all odors, consider doing this after painting to eliminate that odor as well.
Keep in mind, you, the family , pets, plants, fish and anything requiring oxygen must be removed from the house during this time.

Gamm