Some of my projects ...

Please be patient with my as I try to get this blog exactly how I would like it to look.
I am still waiting for the best header and color combination I can make/find.
Things will likely be changed up a bit in this process.
Please visit my Stampin' Up! blog at:
http://www.stampindad.blogspot.com

Officially Homeless

homeless: adj. "Having no home or permanent place of residence"



SOLD!
Originally uploaded by Scrappindad.

So it is official now. I am officially homeless. We spent the night in the house Sunday night on air mattresses and then spent all day Monday doing the last bit of cleaning that needed to be done. At 3:00 we signed all of the papers and officially turned over the house. I must say for someone as emotional as I tend to be it was a bit difficult to stop and look around the empty house for the very last time.

After we finished some other errands we went over to a friend's house for a little visit. She had planned a going away party for us and had several people come over to chat with us and say good-bye. It was a very nice thing to do. For the most part it wasn't too difficult to say goodbye to everyone. The real difficult part was when it was time for us to leave. Everyone else had gone and it was just us and this couple who threw the party. They have been more like a brother and sister to us than just friends and after all the emotions of the day it was impossible for any of the four of us to hold it back any longer.

Anyway, it was an emotional day to say the least. Now the real fun of "nose-to-the-grindstone" job hunting begins. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Colleen 7:57 AM  

good luck! you'll find something great...i know it!

Gamm 12:36 AM  

Hang in there... Making big changes usually have good results. I left my home and moved here several years ago and if I can do it... I know ya'll can. Hope the young'uns don't get too spoiled at the grandparents.

Gamm