Some of my projects ...

Please be patient with my as I try to get this blog exactly how I would like it to look.
I am still waiting for the best header and color combination I can make/find.
Things will likely be changed up a bit in this process.
Please visit my Stampin' Up! blog at:
http://www.stampindad.blogspot.com

Another year older...


Do I look 27?

My birthday is tomorrow and as I stood looking in a full length mirror today I thought to myself "Do I really look like I'm 27?" For so long in my life people have always thought that I am older than my actual age. I often feel like I don't even look close to my age. (I certainly feel my age though). My wife's brother is only two months older than I am and I always have a difficult time remembering that we're so close. He looks and seems so much older than me. I certainly don't mind my age and I'm not complaining about being 27. I just find it difficult to believe that I actually am. So often I still feel like I look like the gangly and lanky kid I was in high school. Even though I weigh considerably more now than I did when I was in high school it's just hard for me to get that mental image of myself to change to something older and different. It's certainly been interesting for me to reflect on my feelings about this recently.

"A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip."
~Author Unknown

Just a thought...

p.s. Sorry for the bad picture you have to look at but I wanted something that was VERY recent so I did remote shot with my digi cam.

4 comments:

Dianne 11:24 PM  

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear JJJAASSSOOONNNNNNNNNN.....
Happy birthday to yooouuuu.
(sung in my best possible singing voice!)
I hope you have a wonderful birthday, and no - you dont look 27 - you look like the lanky thin kid in high school! :)

Dianne/Skabanga

Kenny 6:16 AM  

Just wait till you stare FORTY-seven in the face, my friend! It's not a pretty site! LOL! Oh, well...you're as old as you feel and today I feel about 47! hee-hee!Have a great day, buddy!

Colleen 6:24 AM  

happy birthday Jason!! You look great! wait til you hit your 30s...then you can legitimately complain about being old. ;)

Tisha 7:42 PM  

Happy Birthday!!! Ok no whining until you are at least in your thirites..No time to waste!! You are still in your twenties!! Go have some fun!! You look great! Eat soe cake for me:-)